Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Very bad blogger

I know I am sorry that I've been a bad blogger.
We've been trying to work with our new camera and just busy.
So here's what we've been up to...

First we have a complicated cake that I made.  It took about 6 hours, but well worth it.  It is Bernard Callebaut Chocolate Moose Cake and I made it for my Oma's Birthday.  Guess I am not such a terrible baker after all and I might even try to pull it off one day again.



In Canmore to celebrate with Oma for her big day.





Lots of snuggles with this guy!  Meet Drayper Dutchak!


Happy Birthday to me!  Averil made me a lovely Truffle, which was a nice Sunday afternoon surprise.
And my mom made the "special request" dinner.  Our tradition in the Warner family is you get whatever you order for dinner and my mom really does make whatever you want.  
Unfortunately for my mom this usually means a lot of work, but we LOVE it and it is very special to all of us and has been since as long as I can remember.  
It used to be hotdogs in out tomato soup with soda crackers covered in pb & j.  OR for a long time we all ordered Panzorottis (yummy).  This year as an adult it was Chicken Bundles, roasted root veg, spinach salad,and swedish potatoes.  It was so delicious and a fave for me.  I am already plotting next year's dinner...hmmmmm


Photo Bonuses of the silly young kiddies.



1 comment:

happibum said...

Nice to see pictures of the kids, everyone is growing so fast. I did miss reading your blog. Really nice to hear that someone else is carring on the Warner Birthday Tradition.