Thursday, March 24, 2011

Family Dinner

This is an overdue post, but a hysterical one no less
I warn you there are no photos and I hope I do not have to remind you of our "lemon" camera issue (see earlier posts).

Kevin's wonderful grandparents have Birthdays back to back (literally) so mummy in law hosted a wonderful party for both and a delicious dinner and incredible cakes.  One cherry with pink icing and one chocolate with chocolate icing.  Yes I thoroughly enjoyed myself, the wine, the dinner, the company and the dessert in case it wasn't already obvious.

We had our dog with us, as always, and with Isis (pronounced "ee-sa" or if your Kevin "is-is") who is Averil's cat, we must ensure her food is up or Titan may eat it.

Family began to arrive and gather around in the kitchen while we finished up preparing the last few items and started having some wine.  As this is going on, a cousin we shall name him "Chip" for the purpose of this story to conceal his identity from total strangers, helped himself to some "nuts" to accompany his wine.

His wife turns around and says "Chip, that is cat food".  Yep that's right he thought the cat food was nuts put out to go with our drinks before dinner.  I have to give it to him he sure handled the situation better than most of us.

We laughed so hard that everyone had tears rolling down their faces and of course the jokes didn't stop all night.  Poor Chip.

No comments: