Kevin got a lovely new lens for our camera for Christmas and we've been playing with it and our camera to become accustomed to it's features. The new lens is super fantastic and capturing our memories will now be even better.
Here are some playing with the camera samples. I am sure you can see the coloring differences as we practice our white balance, color, effects and the focus being a little fuzzier, but practice makes perfect. More practice pics to follow.
We had a lovely dinner of classic BBQ at mom and dads yesterday. Which is perfect seeing as I am beginning to turn into a turkey. You are what you eat. So I am now half turkey with cranberry sauce on top and the other half is all the fixins, swedish tatoes, curried cauliflower, and whole lot of butter tarts, homemade trail mix and almond florentine. My clothes are even complaining, but I will fix that.
We were having a little discussion at dinner about how the past 2 weeks have been full of eating and drinking whatever one would like, in other words 0 balance, all fat and sugar all the time AND go figure I've got a lingering cold. I feel ever single butter tart wreaking havoc on my body.
SO I will be cleaning up my act and so will my parents -RIGHT???? (Don't kill me for posting this publicly!!!)
First item I put all the remainder of my fave baked goods in the freezer. One once in awhile a little teeny treat can't be bad, but 4 in one sitting every day cuz they are there probably not so good. Frozen butter tarts, not as yummy.
So dad and I have a little wager we have challenged each other and I challenge all of you to a healthy and full life. Our little competition will be one of fitness. In order to be fit you must balance activity with appropriate food. (Sorry wine see you on the other side)
My dad is a bit of a runner, or has been. He seems to enjoy running (I did NOT get that from him unfortunately). Well I bet I can out due him so now it's "on like Donkey Kong".
The challenge: a 3km race/run/walk at our first camping trip down the dirt road. No time limit, just finish first and NO quitting - not too worry breaks allowed if needed, but no quitting. If all goes according to plan 3kms should be easy for everyone involved (dad says its too easy). Kevin and mom are now in and I invite anyone to join this challenge. Your weight goals, pant size, body fat% are yours alone and each person is unique so we felt fitness is fun and appropriate.
This first camping trip is about Aprilish - May (4 months-easy peasy right) for us dependent on weather and we already have the itch. A lot can be accomplished in 4 mths. You are more than welcome to join us for the trip & challenge or clock this distance & time yourself. I will keep you posted on the dates & my own progress as the time nears. This is a friendly competition with 0 judgement and loads of support.
Other than having dad choke on my dust and bragging rights for as long as I wish to use them (since I shall be the winner) the ultimate purpose is living a happy and healthy life.
A life where you can do what you want when you want. Which follows my goal last year doing more of what I love and less of what I don't. (see upcoming post for my thoughts on how this went in 2011)
Running with kids, ability to walk and play with the dogs, enjoy a hike out camping or vacationing in hot weather, getting out and doing new things, energized all the time, breathing freely, living longer, less illness (stupid cold), and just always being comfortable with yourself all the time.
It's go time!!!!
(I was going to say see you all at the finish line, but being healthy and happy should never finish so....
See you at the Start Line)
No comments:
Post a Comment