Tuesday, October 16, 2012

DIY Bass

We have a DIY project at the Bass household. 

Finish the garage so it is actually a garage and not just dune buggy storage, so first electrical.  
Speaking of dune buggy - anyone want a dune buggy...(said in a convincing tone with my head nodding yes for encouragement)

wiring run - check
light wires run - check
400 outlets for various items one might wish to plug in - check
lights hung - to be checked

The entire day I heard giggling from the garage, starting at 9am
I pull up with groceries and walking up the drive, garage door closed, I hear their muffled giggles from inside the garage
(as they take measurements and make various marks on the studs, loud giggles "bench...giggle, giggle, gasp for air... press 10 reps", now it literally says bench press 10 reps where Kevin's tool bench will go
"some guy is going to tear out this drywall one day and see this"  more and harder giggling
"honey we need a bench press right here and I will do 10 reps")
in the house washing floors, muffles giggles from the basement
("Cory you missed" giggle giggle...um not the sort of comment a girl wants to hear when a man has tools and is drilling holes through the basement ceiling)
out in the garage trying to figure out where they could possibly have disappeared to I hear muffled giggles from the attic
("ow this hurts this knees" giggle giggle)
a full day of giggles with those two boys - glad they had fun while they worked, bunch of goof balls I tell you



 I might just have the best in laws.  Willing to come over short notice on a Saturday morning and spend the entire day and night lending a helping hand and expertise.  
I know shall deem it Corpertise, which means Cory's expertise.  Only our Cory seems to know everything about everything and goes above and beyond to share his knowledge.  Thanks for your assistance this weekend.

No comments: