Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I survived the Hana Highway all the way around

Not sure what I have liked best so far, but Hana Highway is likely tied for first place with it diversity, the waterfalls that you actually can get enough of, the crashing Ocean, the red sand beach, the trees, flowers and plunging valleys are all worth this drive.

Pack a lunch, plenty to drink and only go in company that wants to make every stop and take their time or you will miss all the little treasures that make this drive worth it.

Kevin, mom, Logan and I did this and it took us 12 hours from start to finish and we could have easily taken 24, this includes about 4 million stops, 7 hikes, every State Park along the way and all the waterfalls that we could get to.

We did both the road to and from Hana. 
If you've done the road to Hana and turned back at the 7 Sacred Pools then you are missing out.

The photos do not account for the beauty or everything we got to see and do, but I cannot Post all 900+ photos here, so I tried to choose a bit of everything from our adventure.























Best road trip to date and I'd do it all over again.  

1 comment:

Dee-Ann said...

LOVE the family photo! Trip looks like it was great!