It is Momma-Mia's (she hated us calling her that as kids) Birthday tomorrow so on Sunday Lisa made her a special pasta dinner
know what else she hated...
She used to takes us 3 kids to get groceries. I know what you are thinking, what is wrong with this women - it's ok no one knows, only a special breed takes 3 young kids to a grocery store. We would get bored as any young 3 kids would and mom embarrasses easily (you can see where I am going with this one can't you) so what fun it would be to find ways to embarrass her. The best one was when we used to make whiney creaking sounds every time she moved the cart, the cart moved and we made terrible whiney sounds like the wheels were squeaking. It wasn't so funny when she got so mad and stormed away without the cart and we had to push it. OR another favourite we'd pretend to ice skate down the isles behind her and yes that is how it sounds, we'd be as graceful as possible and skate side to side, obstructing the way for others, while twirling, swinging our arms and legs around and making the skating sounds as we went. Eventually mom got even, she announced while there were other shoppers to hear "you do realize you are just embarrassing yourselves" we were just old enough to care and not old enough to realize that of course she was embarrassed as she announced it. I don't recall skating in the grocery store again.
Back to our regularly scheduled programming...
It happens to be Logan's and Mom's Birthday on the same day, January 29th, and we try to celebrate on different days so they each get a special day and dinner
Mom chose Pasta and Lisa made a delicious homemade dish with homemade caesar salad and garlic bread
My mom is a wonderful lady
though I am sure I've not given her enough credit especially in my younger know it all, moody teenage ways (still moody, less teen now, still a titch of a know it all)
she never wants to impose, is a true caregiver by caring for everyone, she is cleaner-extrodinare (yes that is a word for someone with such neat cleaning ways), she has a young heart and soul, always looking to do fun things and have a fun time, she is very honest, not always forthcoming, but certainly honest, which makes her also so naive.
11 years ago Logan was born on January 29th (what are the chances right?)
I interrupted my mom's nice Birthday dinner with her parents, who came into town with a frantic phone call...
Logan was coming and I had already been in labour for about 35 hours and this was it, I couldn't do it anymore
being prepped for a C-section after failing to get him out in a timely fashion and his
heart rate had dropping and that was it - I lost it and I needed my mommy.
Mom, dad and Opa and Oma had just received their drinks from the waitress when I called, they paid the bill, she came, unfed on her Birthday and was there to wait in a boring hospital just so I knew she was there, just as Logan was born, no c-section thank goodness
she forced the nurses to let her come and make sure I was ok
she made sure I had a warm blanket and was there and I napped (as best as one brand new exhausted mom can in a recovery room). And she waited.
I enjoy her more now than I ever have and am glad when we get to spend time together, its just so easy and I look forward to doing it again soon.
Happy Birthday mom I love you.
1 comment:
beautiful tribute! Happy Birthday to your mom and a humongous happy birthday to Logan!
Post a Comment