Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Miranda's Book Review #1

If you are not a book reader, stop here and wait for next post

I thought it might be fun to share the book I am reading and my quick thoughts on it.

At the moment, Bossy Pants by Tina Fey - Thanks Grant for the wonderful Christmas gift



I am really enjoying this one, if for nothing other than it's sarcastic hilarious humour then it is worth the read.  I guess I should've expected that any book written by Tina Fey was one you cannot take too seriously.  

“I was ten. I had noticed something was weird earlier in the day, but I knew from commercials that one's menstrual period was a blue liquid that you poured like laundry detergent onto maxi pads to test their absorbency. This wasn't blue, so...I ignored it for a few hours.” 
― Tina Fey, Bossypants


I do not watch 30 Rock, I did not often watch her on Saturday Night Live so parts of the book I may have missed some of the jokes, but her take on real life such as being a girl growing into a woman, being a woman, a woman in business, being a wife, a mother and the work life balance might just be the funniest thing I've read.  

So if you are looking for a light and humours take on things all women have experienced or are presently experiencing this is a fun read.  But I warn you if your husband is trying to sleep and you are having an uncontrolled laughing fit mid-chapter this may not bode well in your bedroom and could result in you being kicked out until you can get control of yourself.

Warning: Tina's language does occasional rival a pirate and washing the book with soap will damage the pages, but not correct those dirty words.

“THERE ARE NO MISTAKES, only opportunities.”
― Tina Fey, Bossypants

No comments: