July is just whizzing by, much to my sadness as I don't think I've enjoyed a single other month and my time off (joint problems aside) more than this one
Summer swim camp is done and over for Logan
Casey and I enjoyed relaxing by the pool watching Logan
We finally made it out to the cabin for another lovely weekend, (there haven't been as many in July as we'd have liked)
I only had to sleep on the couch for one of the two nights this trip due to severe allergic reactions this time as opposed to my joint issues
we are hoping the sudden and intense reaction was due to the newly installed flooring and possible exposure it had to a cat so Kevin scrubbed it for me and we washed all bedding and surfaces to rid whatever might have caused it so we'll see if that helps
We were treated to some wonderful homemade blueberry ice cream to accompany what might be the best rhubarb crisp/crumble I've ever had, such a wonderful tasty treat
Uncle Cory got Logan mashing up blueberries and mixing up ingredients to show him how one makes homemade ice cream
(my dad would argue that to truly enjoy homemade ice cream it must be a collective team effort of all day churning it old school style in a old fashioned ice cream maker in 32 degree weather with ice and all, after an entire day of churning that ice cream he's right you had better thoroughly enjoy that treat because your arm hurts for days)
The little cousins were so precious together
they both seem very interested in the other and they touch each others faces and fingers and smile and coo at one another
I was loving their interactions so much that I neglected to get a decent photo of the action
And much to either my sadness or delight Miss Casey has had her first big girl food CARROTS
While I was so excited to see her experience new things a piece of me was sad that she is now old enough to try out big girl food
(they grow so fast)
the final push was being informed that getting Casey to nurse less might improve my hormones, therefore improve the ligaments in my joint - Fine Carrots it is
Daddy got the pleasure of feeding our precious girl (mom's been feeding her for 6 months after all) and it went well, she seemed to enjoy the new experience
daddy also managed to keep her clean, which by any parents standards is a miracle
as mentioned in previous posts much of our summer so far is spent at the park as it provides mutual enjoyment for kids and me and my joint
so I think we've made it a goal to try out as many parks as we can this summer to decide which is the best
This park we enjoyed yesterday was by the arena and offered something for all the kids and age ranges as well as plenty of picnic tables and green space for running
I asked the kids to give me their best cowboy faces
No Dalyce I said cowboy not scared of spider face
Ok Austin getting closer, but not sure we were going for aggressively attacking horse face
What's a cowboy face? How about this, passive no emotion horse back riding face?
Our second dinner of carrots was great fun or great mess
Logan wanted to help so he excitedly took spoonfuls of carrots and scooped them into Casey's mouth
What happens when you spoon heaping amounts of carrots into a babies mouth???? Well....
Carrots EVERYWHERE
We are all learning here I guess
so as the expert, seeing that I've done this before with Logan and a million nephews and one niece surely I can handle Miss dainty Casey and a little bowl of carrots so I'll show you how it's done
"ummmm no Casey no you cannot hold the spoon..no, no, n...."
Annndddd...spoon flicks so carrot splatters
it takes daddy to take over to get carrots in her mouth instead of all over her face
And that's how we learn to eat big girl food
No comments:
Post a Comment