It's a Warner style BBQ at the Bass Cabbage to kick off the summer
and it wouldn't be a summer kick off without dad's famous BBQ rib dinner
Dad's ribs are loved by all, so he slaves all afternoon to make sure they are prepared perfectly for all to enjoy and enjoy we did
We added some good ol' fashioned baked potatoes, baked beans and roasted cauliflour and fennel
I made the roasted cauliflour and fennel
But I've never made this dish before and only had it when Shelly made it (and Shelly makes the most delicious things) so I chopped up the fennel, BUT I didn't realize that fennel is really an herb and not a vegetable (now you know), therefore it probably shouldn't be in chunks the same size as the cauliflour or your family won't enjoy it too much because that liquorice flavour it has is then very strong (BUT I gobbled every last bit over many days)
and just because it's so ridiculous I've captured the fridge contents that we pack for a simple long weekend - who did we think we were feeding?
Rainy days called for several daddy daughter indoor puzzles
1 comment:
Ooops....I should have told you to cut the fennel into small chunks!! Next time!
Post a Comment