Saturday, April 2, 2011

Recipe to previous post Easy Oven Omelet

Well Logan is pleased
there has been a request for his recipe from last Friday for "Easy Bake Omelet"  Click HERE to see this post.


I should also share that Logan has made this again in small portions just for his school lunches.  He sure likes to get in there and cook things up.  He is very proud of this talent he is developing, I cannot figure out where this comes from, not his momma that is for sure.


EASY OVEN OMELET


Ingredients - 6 Large Eggs, Can of skim evaporated milk (we used about 13 oz. of 1% milk), 1 tbsp. flour, 1/4 tsp. salt (Logan did not add salt, he is learning we do not add salt to anything), 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I don't think he used nearly this much since he "sprinkled" it between layers), 2 sliced green onion and 1 med. chopped tomato.


Logan added - Everything veggie in the fridge, finely chopped yellow and green pepper, white onion, broccoli, olives and random amounts of these items.  I had to help Logan add 2 eggs to help cover all the extra veg.


Oven to 325, grease 9 inch pie plate.  Put eggs, milk, flour & salt in bowl and mix on med. with mixer until blended.
scatter remaining ingredients in bottom of pie plate, pour egg mixture over top.  Bake 60-65 mins. until knife inserted in center of omelet comes out clean.  Serves 4.


Then he added some toast.  YUM YUM!

5 comments:

Lisa Dutchak said...

This is very similar to crustless quiche you know!

Miranda said...

It may seem similar, but Logan made it so his special Omelet.

happibum said...

Awesome recipe Logan. It is really good, I enjoyed it a lot!

happibum said...

So, I tried this again as a 'PIZZA OMELET'. I put in some ham, mushrooms, red peppers, onions. After it cooked for a little while I put on some good pizza sauce and some grated mozza cheese. Almost, while maybe even better, than a pizza. Thanks once again for the idea Logan!!

Bass Family said...

Logan is very pleased that his dinner was enjoyed so much and thinks maybe he should try it as pizza too.