Wednesday, April 20, 2011

a typical Bass family Tuesday

Yesterday was a typical Bass family day,
up early, work all day, co-ordinate dinner and picking up Logan
then Miranda's off to the gym and Logan's off to Tae Kwon Do
Kevin and I, as always, organize who is going to drop Logan off and pick Logan up and how this works with what we'd like to accomplish in the evening
Well this particular Tuesday we agree it makes most sense for me to head to the gym a bit earlier and Kevin will take Logan to Tae Kwon Do

I do my workout and very hard let me tell you
Kevin gets in some last minute tanning after dropping Logan off before our holiday
I finish my work out and grab a few items for dinner and lunch the next day and head on home
I unpack the few items and start preparing lunches
Kevin says "Where's Logan"
I say "haa haa very funny"
He say "no really I didn't even see him come in"
I say "I'm not buying it and it's not funny"
He says "No REALLY where is he?  I didn't see him"
Please keep in mind Kevin has done this little joke on me many times before, can you say the boy who cried wolf

OH OH I forgot that I was to get him 
what kind of of a mother am I
it was now 9:05 and Logan was to be picked up at 8:30
We both ran and I mean ran to the car, barely bothering to close the door and flew up the street

We get there and Logan looks at us matter of factly
"Do you know how long I've been waiting"
so we explain this story how I thought Kevin was playing a trick on me while I feel awful and on the verge of tears 
afterall what kind of mom forgets her kid
and good news Logan thinks this is hilarious
ahhhhh another Tuesday goes by and Logan survives one more day of my forgetfulness
Good thing he has such a great sense of humor

2 comments:

happibum said...

You know what? Logan sounds like a very secure little man! Way to go Miranda and Kevin!!

Bass Family said...

Thank you! I was very upset about the whole thing until Logan had a little giggle and made it okay. I never really thought of it that way, but I think you are right.