Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bon Voyage!

We left (barely) at 10 something on a (jet) plane off to Vegas!
A first for Miranda and a 400th for Kevin.

We start our day heading to the Air Canada ticket counter to fix the name on my ticket.  I made a big mistake & booked my ticket under Bass, but my passport reads Warner.  Who knew this would be such an issue.

Well, we stood at the Air Canada ticket counter for 40 mins (yes we timed due to a bit of panic) while they tried to figure out how to do this and our patience ran thin.  40 mins you have to be kidding me we have a plane to catch.

THEN they put "stand by" on our tickets.  WHAT?!?!?!  I DID NOT book Stand by!!!!

SO we are really annoyed by now.  But no problem they said we will get you on the plane.  Well Miranda woken up earlier than necessary with a growling tummy is NOT good and equals no patience.

So Kevin gets coffee and I get our tickets figured out at boarding, which we almost missed by this time.  AND Tim's runs out of anything resembling breakfast.  A hungry Miranda is an angry Miranda.

So Kevin sorts out tickets because the lady is taking FOREVER and I head to the Starbucks for something other than the Oatmeal cookie Kevin mustered up for me.

Nope the frustration isn't over I have more.....
The soccer team holding up our plane and our ability to get tickets to board our plane is buying out the whole Starbucks.  No yogurt left for Miranda. AHHHHHH!  ( I recognize later this is a First World Problem!)

So while we wait hungrily for seats we stew, getting even more angry.  "I Hate Air Canada" is what I repeat ensuring that everyone can hear me.

FINALLY...this girly soccer team boards the plane and we get our tickets.  03A and 03C and I say to Kevin we'll just make the person in the middle seat move over.

WELL.....


I take only some of it back...FIRST CLASS BABY!!!

This was the best flight I have every had, once we actually got on the plane, minus the landing.

I apparently have this issue landing as this has happened twice (I know I have a lot of issues).  BUT really the plane starts to land and my head starts to explode.  A pain like I've never experienced, EVER before.  This beat out child birth (or at least it seemed that way).  I pulled hair out of my head (yes I really did, leaving it all over the floor and seat) trying to find something to release this incredible throb, it ran from the front of my head down my back, like my brain was swelling. I couldn't see, talk or process anything anyone said to me. Only once we landed did it begin to ease off a bit, some Advil and a relaxing shower and I was weirdly good to go.

Off to the impersonator show.

All in all Day 1 - So much fun!!!

No comments: