Monday, November 11, 2013

Baby Bass & Ranger Cookies

As I am sure you are aware our little family is trying to patiently await the arrival of a new member 'lil Bass'
We have hit the 27 week mark or approximately 6 months and 3 weeks depending how you count it
Baby's been moving since 16 weeks with active taps on my right hip at 3:00am "hello, get up lady I cannot sleep so neither should you, hello anyone there?"
Kevin got to experience the first movements at 18 weeks
We've have had 3 ultrasounds to date...

Baby at 9 weeks


Baby at 19 weeks

"It's a Girl"
I think Logan and I both experienced a little shock when the tech announced this
Logan had already had his baby brother named DJ and all sorts of brotherly things they'd do together, we've told him that it's very important he does those things with his sister all the same, teach her to do things on her own so she can be a independent and confident girl with a big brother to turn to and protect her when things don't go her way 
He's still unsure about this girl thing, but vows she'll learn to make a fire

I had known the entire time it'd be a girl, but I don't think I know what to do with a girl so I worried for awhile

Kevin is just plain pleased what is sweeter and more lovely that daddy's little girl

Either way and I know everyone says it, but it's so very true 
we didn't care, nothing in this world is more pleasing than a happy and healthy baby and we all adore Baby Bass no matter what

Baby Bass is as wiggly as ever and very different from Baby Logan already.  She has made a home on my Sciatic nerve, which makes for discomfort after lengthy periods of sitting or standing and likes to wiggly internally vs. externally, which the nurse says should be expected because of the placenta placement being on the exterior vs. interior side.  Logan was more of an aggressive mover and felt more like he was digging a hole through my belly button and liked to bounce around more vs. wiggling all over.

The process so far has been great
I've not been sick at all and pretty much comfortable
my food issues have been annoying
started with not eating any meat, then just certain types of meat, the slightest smell bothers me, lack of appetite, but never sick

I have on the other hand had severe moments of unwarranted impatience and frustration and I am sure Kevin wasn't liking me very much some days, but even he will say (to my face anyway) that I've mostly been just my normal self and not moody and certainly not overly sensitive, which he has little to no patience for

Now things are feeling more normal, my appetite more dependable as well as my moods

and just when things seem back to normal 
I make 

Range Cookies
(my favourite cookies, but me bake really?, guess baby wanted cookies, just like she wanted the chocolate I nibbled on while making them...right, now if she'd get off her butt and get that healthy chicken and veg dinner ready)

Recipe for Ranger Cookies
1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 & 1/4 cup flours (I mix my whole grain and white), 2 cups of rice krispies or rolled oat (I prefer krispies)
1 & 1/2 cup flake coconut
1 cup of dates or raisins, but I make 1 cup of variety of dried fruits & nuts (cherries, blueberries, raisins, walnuts, etc.)


Beat butter for 30 seconds
Add sugars, baking powder & baking soda until combined

Beat in egg and vanilla
Then mix in flour


Stir in remaining krispies/oats, coconut and fruit/nuts


Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet with teaspoon


Bake at 375 degrees for 8 mins


YUM YUM YUM

54 cookies, 61 calories, 2grams fat, 2 grams sat. fats, 40 carbs, 8mg sodium, 1 gram protein
I do usually make these with apple sauce instead of the butter (as with all my baked goods) and you could probably cut back on the sugars if you use a mix of sweet dried fruit like I do and I suspect the oats provide better health benefits than the krispies

1 comment:

Andrews Family said...

Auntie Shelly would like belly pics please! And I am still waiting for pics of Logan in his Steve costume!! Give that belly a big pat for us!! xoxox