Thursday, November 21, 2013

Book Review #2 - A Thousand Splendid Suns


It's been awhile since I've read something I truly enjoyed for more than just the purpose of reading something.  I think the last 5 books or so were ok, but just easy reads that didn't cause me to think about them twice.

I found this thoroughly enjoyable to read.  Keeping in mind I loved The Kite Runner and this is by the same author and from a similar time, same place and similar setting. 

This book however is written on the life of women in Afghanistan, starting as naive and innocent young girls to grown women in a time and a culture we are fortunate enough not to experience from our cozy bedrooms or living rooms or baths, or where ever you like to read.

1 comment:

Andrews Family said...

I have been wanting to read this for a while but haven't found the time to get a new book started! Now I know you read it and like it I will try to find the time to pick it up!!