Sunday, December 22, 2013

Preparing for Christmas

A little preparation for Christmas and a little baby baking

I am not a baker, a cook or a very prompt or happy cleaner
But Baby Bass apparently has had other plans
I went on the hunt for the best Chocolate Chip Cookies and found a recipe that promised to deliver
even Kevee Crocker stepped up to help ensure I didn't over bake them as I like to do just to ensure they did turn out to be the very best



The Verdict: Not the best chocolate chip cookies
and I have moved on to new missions
Next on my list: Cheddar Dill Scones and Dutch Almond Christmas Pastry...stay tuned

Another Christmas, Another Tree



Logan made it his goal to ensure every single ornament made it onto the tree this year
"No Man gets Left Behind"

Our tree is always a mish-mass of decorations that tell a story
Not a single one is alike and many have come from far off places
We have gorgeous hand painted Christmas balls about 6 now
We have a very fragile egg that is beaded all the way around in bright colours, a fragile starfish painted into a Santa
A Tinkerbell from Disneyland of course
3 cartoon roasted marshmallows, the burnt one is Logan's, mine is nice and toasted and Kevin's is somewhat toasted
we have a doggey for our dogley, a mechanic for our mechanic
crafted ornaments, wooden ornaments, a bride and groom, a family of snowmen with our names and 
the list goes on and on and each comes with a special story of a special time in our lives



No comments: