Wednesday, February 26, 2014

celebration of our miracle


Saturday was a celebration fit for a little princess 
for our little miracle, our little Casey
for all loved ones to welcome her into this family
into this world 

a little (big) party hosted by Casey's Auntie Lisa and Uncle Grant with loads of help from Grandma
there were beautiful decorations of pink and white and purple
delicious snacks and dinner
lovely drinks
loads of laughs
catching up with family and friends, 
(so many amazing family and friends that wanted to share this very special time with us - I am still feeling so blessed to be surrounded by so many people that would take the time to share this with us)
and one cannot overlook the amazing snuggles and baby smelling and oohing and ahhing over our smallest precious person

a good time was had by all and Kevin and I were so pleased to share our miracle with all those that mean so much to us

while she may not remember this day and the time leading up to it or the time shortly following
I can only hope she can feel the pure love she is surrounded with
the people in her life that she doesn't even know yet that will always be there for her 
to support her 
to encourage her 
to cheer her on








these cupcakes were a huge hit
Thank you Gran for bringing these wonderful treats

this Great Oma is now the proud Great Oma of 12 Great Grandchildren
and a strange fact 
both the eldest (Mr Logan) and youngest (Miss Casey) are both our children


I personally didn't keep a single baby item of Logan's - not giving it much thought at the time
and I tend to give the Bass in-laws and Kevin a very hard time for "hoarding"
BUT I also found it such a special gift that part of Casey's gift from Gran was some of Kevin's most special baby clothes
I find this to be a very special thought and love the little sweaters, bunting bag and blanket from his first days


Little cousins





all this food is not helping my baby tummy 
thanks a lot Auntie




Thank you Auntie Lisa for opening your home and to everyone involved for making sure this day would be so special and wonderful for us.
We enjoyed it greatly.

1 comment:

Andrews Family said...

Wow! Looks like a magical day! I can not believe that Averil still had items from Kevin! What a special gift!