Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Big Moment January 26th, 2014 - Welcome Miss Casey Laya Bass!

There are very few moments in our lives that we get to feel this amazing, like time stops and the only thing going on in the world is what we are presently experiencing
 like everything has come together in this one single moment to give us a very special miracle 
so special and such a miracle that words cannot describe it
that there are so very few moments like this that they are very rare and we are fortunate to have even just one

I've been so fortunate to have more than one of these ultimately special moments
Logan being born and coming into my life (11 years, 362 days earlier) and the day I married the most incredible man  in the world

Now as the emotions of fear and anticipation were so intense I wasn't sure I'd make it 
I would get to experience one of those moments again with Kevin by my side as the world stopped when I got to hear that first little cry
the cry that every mom knows the moment she hears it 
that sound that tells you 
that right that, that is my little miracle
(and that is almost the only time a baby cry will sound as beautiful)

Kevin waiting to enter the OR, while I am prepped with spinal block and 


Just about to start and I still don't believe this happening


The moment Miss Casey entered the world


Getting all cleaned up and checked over
During this process our little girl took a bit to get her heart going correctly
I couldn't see anything, but I could hear the alarm going off and the room full of doctors and nurses going quieter
When I asked Kevin what was going on, he wisely said oh nothing they are just cleaning her up
I am not sure I bought it because I did notice that beeping seemed to last forever and I didn't like it one bit even if I didn't know why
Then he went to check and her heart was not beating exactly the way it should, but our little miracle recovered quickly and has been blossoming ever since - I found out later


Born at 3:15 pm
6lbs 2 oz
Healthy and Happy and Loved


First photo together of our first snuggles





Proud Daddy!  



All done
a somewhat mechanical process is over in about 45 mins from start to finish and off to recovery and to start our lives together

No comments: