We prepared for Casey's first Birthday!
This started as a small thing, get a cake, make a quick lasagna and we'll have a quick casual night.
This turned into momma insisting that Casey have a giraffe cake. She has had this very weird love of giraffe's since she could crawl around. She digs through her toys for her giraffe and then drags him around the house with her everywhere.
We popped into Toy's R Us and she went crazy for the giraffe as big as she is so I knew she must have a giraffe cake.
So I went on a mission, but either no bakery could make me a giraffe cake or didn't have time. So daddy said he would make her a giraffe cake and much to my surprise it was the most perfect and lovely giraffe cake ...
It's still not clear to me where our year went. How did our little one learn so much and develop such a personality in such a short period of time.
She looks completely like her daddy and each day I am certain her lashes grow longer, she is very girly and delicate in a way I wouldn't have imagined and I enjoy every minute in a way I didn't think I would.
She still gets all huffy in excitement when she's happy, she now makes baby babble noises that sound like she is asking questions when you talk to her, if you yell out to someone say on another level in the house she will yell too as if calling them, she crawls at lightning speed, walks along on furniture and is now holding hands to try and walk along.
She is getting in 3 teeth all at once and this is causing her great pain, she is puking occasionally, not eating very much, not sleeping as well, waking for a snuggle and a dose of tylenol and just not herself at times. It makes me sad for her so hopefully this is over soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment