Saturday, December 11, 2010

Global Citizens

Logan was hard at work today on his school project, reporting on Global Citizens.

His story is about an elderly couple of Nova Scotia  who won 11.2 million in the lottery this past July and gave most of their winnings away.  The story says they gave it away to local cemeteries, fire department, red cross, cancer treatment center at their hospital etc.  The lady has cancer herself and it's a very nice story.

Logan worked very hard today and has a little bit left to do.  I am proud of his efforts and hope his presentation goes well on Monday.


I personally had hoped he'd talk about Dee-Ann's most recent "global citizenship" as I thought this might be inspiring.  While he is very interested in what she had done with her husband's company and had many questions I think it was a very tough concept for him to understand as it is for many of us.  For more on this story go to Dee-Ann's blog link on my blog page.

No comments: