Friday, July 8, 2011

a Royal day

The hype got to me.  I headed into work early to avoid the parade mess and decided I just had to see Will and Kate in the parade.  My building is right on the route afterall.
So I headed down and got to see ...

a convoy of tinted town cards and SUV's escorted by cops front and back

Really!!!  Will and Kate were in the third car, window barely cracked and we saw a glimpse of a royal wave from Kate as they sped down the route.  When I say sped I mean "run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man".  Darn.  Who can blame them with 500,000 strangers staring at you I guess.  Safety comes first.  What a world we live in.
Well I was there for a historical moment and have photos to prove it even if you can't see them.





Then later today after dinner a little lady got into her hats...
Dressing up for the Royal visit (a little late)

"Come on Auntie don't you like this one?  The strings give it a little something don't you think?"


"How about this?  Okay okay I guess hats that look sort of like underwear on my head are not appropriate."


"This hat just make me do a funny face, guess that's not going to work out at all"


"OH I think I am getting closer.  How about this one?"


"Got it! Red is soooo my colour!"

You wouldn't believe how many hats she found in her room.  No women I know has this many hats, what is with Daylce have her own collection.

No comments: