After lots of effort I was able to get some decent photos of Chester on our morning walk. He was not happy with me for attempting to capture him while he hunted for his breakfast. Who knew I'd become such a bird watcher, even Kevin likes him.
If you are not a regular reader and have no idea about my mystery "Chester" bird click here or here or here.
With the combined efforts of Dee-Ann, mom and Dee-Ann's brother we've officially determined what kind of bird Chester is.
After much debate between a Sand Hill Crane and several other types of swampy birds we've got our match.
A BLUE HERON!
If you'd like to learn more about Chester's type you can use these links or many others you can find on google.
BONUS
My friend Dee-Ann discovered a rare bird that she shared with me as well. She has become a bird watcher herself.
Dee-Ann is presently at her vacation home in Fernie and has found some rare birds in those parts that she shared with me. She has named them Moe and Flo. We believe they too maybe lost.

1 comment:
Love this post! And yes I agree FLO an MOE are surely lost! I am glad that we were able to work together to figure out what Chester was! I had no idea we had such birds in Alberta - I will have to remember to tell you about my brother's run in with a sand hill crane, makes me glad that Chester is not a crane!
Post a Comment