As Kevin headed to the Island for an all boy weekend on the boat with his other other half, since his Bestie's other half was also MIA and I headed out camping with the trailer.
This was the first time I drove this trailer out, first time I parked it, and first time I unhooked it. Another proud moment for me. Thank you to my other half for getting it out of the drive way for me ahead of time.
Kevin headed out with his Bestie for some Salmon fishing and Ocean/Island exploration. Too bad they didn't have their other halves (me or Shelly just in case there are too many half's for you to keep track of here) to remember to pack the meat for the sandwiches. Thank goodness they are resourceful and got a hotdog from the floating Ocean hotdog man for dinner - you boys are sooooo funny ho naive do you really think I am?
Side story: I find out they forgot their sandwich meat and knowing my hubbie who just doesn't eat if it's not convenient the story starts.
Me: "Did you eat"
"Yes, we got a hotdog last night"
Me, thinking they were still on the boat and not sure if it had cooking devices or if they built a fire on a beach somewhere "How'd you cook it?"
"Oh we didn't we went up to the Ocean hotdog stand and bought one. There is this guy who floats around offering people 1.50 hotdogs. He throws a tennis ball into the boat and you put your money in it and then he floats you the hotdog" By now he and his other other half are laughing so hard with the clever little story he cannot even finish telling it to me. Sooooooo funny.
I find it very important that regardless of your particular role in your relationship that you are capable of doing the things your other half does to keep your family running (to a certain extent) because you will never know when you have to, which I am fortunate enough to not have to and am not capable of everything either.
So this was an adventure for me, keeping in mind that I am a pure bred camper, which makes this a bit easier, but I did miss my other half and the role he plays in our relationship. So did everyone else. "I miss Kevie" "If Kevin where here we'd have a stereo for some Dirt Road Anthem"
We realize all chainsaws we did have are out of gas "If Kevin were here we'd have gas mix", "If Kevin..." Enough already I am here!
When you have to embrace all roles sometimes you overlook things. I couldn't figure out to plug in the iTouch to play music for the drive out, I had no generator or stereo to play the fave camping music at the fire, no chainsaw and no gas for the other chainsaws because no one thought to bring any, no bike to ride with Logan, I cannot throw the baseball as far so catch was not as enjoyable for Logan, no partner to help bushwhack to the river, or find the way back when you head out anyways, poor stock of drinks, holding down Titan to get the mud off alone and Titan made it a game running circles around me while I wore most of the water and he still looked like a black lab all things the other half takes care of or helps with.
I camped....while he did this






No comments:
Post a Comment