Saturday, March 15, 2014

a little bit of this and a little bit of that


A productive March thus far

a late post of this photo at 5 weeks - March 2, 2014
see earlier weeks here


At work (mine) our office always celebrates the new babies that anyone may bring into this world with a potluck lunch
the catch is always that they must bring their new little baby to meet us
and it was Casey's turn to be treated and what a treat it was
lovely lunch, a fun lunch to re-connect with co-workers and friends and the most wonderful cake
yes those block letters were in fact homemade by two long time co-workers who I've spent much time with during my working days
Thank you Hanako and Linda for this lovely surprise.  I know that it took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to create such a wonderful treat and truly appreciate it!


Then Miss Casey had her six week ultrasound.
Standard procedure for a breach baby these days.
They check for hip issues that if detected early can be fixed.  The good news is that she is young and is likely to grow into her hips as she grown and her bones mature, the bad news is that they don't have the movement they should.  Not too worry though they do expect her to grow into them.  We have a follow up to make certain.  Casey handled herself beautifully and not a single tear was shed and if I didn't know better I'd say she liked it.


Then a little ladies weekend at the Lake
the boys had a scouting campout in the snow so it made for a great excuse to have a lazy girls weekend
and what a warm and beautiful weekend it was


Walking on the lake

making snow angels on the lake

Laying on the beach and yes we found this hilarious

eating the snow at the beach

and while us girls enjoyed warmth, painting our nails, a little shopping, walking, wine and nice dinners

The boys did this...



This is a turkey they made with coffee cans and briquettes, Kevin thought this was quite clever



that ladies and gentleman brings us to 6 weeks (March 9, 2014) of being a family of four
and another photo Miss Casey seems to be crying for


I'm not sure we are adequately depicting her growth, but she is now officially out of her newborn clothes :( and into 0-3 months, which are a bit big - growing so fast now
she weighs 8lbs and about 4 ounces
she is now watching faces with interest and expression
 just yesterday (March 14th, 2014 or 6 weeks 5 days old) Logan and I got full on purposeful smiles, not practice ones, but real full blown smiles
she likes to fall asleep swaddled in her crib with a particular yellow blanket and with her sleep giraffe and we have a loose routine developing here
she sleeps a max. of 7.5 hours during the night with a min. of 4 hours, usually on the 7 hour side 
and I am NOT complaining one iota
waking at about 4am and then at about 9am, at which time we are up together and getting ready to face another day's adventures

Casey doesn't seem to be that baby that can sleep through everything, she seems to prefer being in her crib or alone with mom when it's quiet to nap otherwise she's worried she'll miss some excitement and stays awake, which makes for a grouchy lady during dinner because she is overtired (or so I think I've just figured out)
which also has her dad believing she is only cranky when he is around (seeing she's a girl I guess maybe he should get used to that on and off grouchiness)

she also LOVES her suckie aka nom nom
and I swore we wouldn't rely on one of these if we didn't have to, but she had other plans and is already picky about which one she sucks and when she  has it

Logan adores snuggling her, when she is in a snuggling mood
his favourite is right at bedtime when I bring a sleepy Casey into his bed as he climbs in and she lays against him for a few minutes before going to her own bed, he dislikes when she's fussy, but loves talking to her and watching her and is proud to show her off

we've thoroughly enjoyed our few walks this past week with the beautiful weather at 2 hours approx. at a time and I think Titan doesn't know what's hit him as he crashes after each outing

the nursery is almost completed (stay tuned for photos)
and I've attempted to get back to the gym (attempt is the key there)
I don't enjoy leaving her in the nursery so I don't make it through an entire workout and go and get her when I don't think I can stand it any longer (30 mins at most so far) 
(so yes that makes me one of "those" moms for which I am not apologizing or feel bad about at this moment I just don't want to miss a minute and feel like a limb is missing if I cannot see her)

I am still finding the days quite full and busy, which is perfect for me because sitting still doesn't appear to be my strong suit and I am still enjoying being home with Casey and Logan very much.

So that is life as of this moment in this house

No comments: