Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring Cleaning

As a full time working and busy body lady/mom/wife in the past Spring cleaning really just meant 
-maybe somewhat organizing the pantry
-maybe somewhat organizing my junk drawer(s) and cupboard, and yes there are multiples in my house seeing that I didn't have time nor care to clean them out in the past
-and maybe somewhat one other thing outside of normal house keeping type chores

NOW I am a stay at home staying busy lady/mom/wife so I enlist others to do what is known as real Spring cleaning since I do not know how and am completely helpless and my kitchen is a terrible sadly disarrayed part of my home

And a good laugh my recruits had when they saw what I have been living with for all these years
both the stuff I keep, where I had it stored and what I did or did not use it for
It has now occurred to them when they ask
"where does this go"
and I say "ummmm...where it fits" that this is a completely reasonable response 
and that the day I put the potato masher in my cup cupboard I wasn't making a joke, but didn't know what else to do with it 





BUT crazy kitchen no more and potato masher stored correctly in the drawer without jamming
one day and a full garbage bag, some tea, lunch, some wine and dinner later
my kitchen is now a masterly organized and comfy space in my home where I do not go as crazy
(soooooo this is something I will do when I am not at work, watch while others put my kitchen in order - I think I like it, what's next...)


While the organizing was going on, the kids create their own masterpiece castles



No comments: