Friday, April 11, 2014

What have we been up to?

Spring is taking shape (finally) and I've begun doing the small things I've always wanted to do if I weren't working, but either didn't have time for or didn't care to make time for
and those small things keep us very busy everyday
cleaning out cupboards and closets
getting some organization in my house (work in progress)
trying out new recipes frequently instead of recycling the few things I can make
shopping during a week day
walking for very long walks and enjoying it
hitting the gym
enjoying lazy coffee dates
taking Logan to school or picking him up
and other family friendly fun little things

Casey and I have been to the mall with these crazies

Logan and Casey have been hanging out 
He is her favourite person by far and she finds him hilarious

We've been transplanting our Hibiscus
This little tree has been with me for 11 years that I purchased from Safeway as a little twig
I Love Hibiscus and honestly didn't think it'd live very long
The other one purchased at the same time long since died, but this one keeps on hanging on so I've transplanted and pruned and am hoping it'll flower again as it's become a project
I might still have some green in this thumb

We also have a poinsetta from 3 Christmases ago that has become another project, the transplant is pending as it has also far outgrown its pot
(Update: This poinsetta didn't make it, the care instructions for it were far too overwhelming and I wasn't set up to take on such a task)

No comments: