Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Sometimes we put aside our Dutch roots to be Ukrainian for a day

And March 15th was that day
the day of the Perogies
there's is nothing like good ol' homemade perogies

Ruth Dutchak was kind enough to teach us her secret Ukrainian family recipe that she learned when marrying Ernie
there was a rule with these Dutchak's
"If you marry my son you must first learn to make perogies"
I requested to be taught as my wedding gift when I married as well and Ruth was kind enough to share her secret and spend a day teaching us
so Ruth taught us Warner girls and I've never eaten a frozen perogie since - never will
so now it was Tara's turn to learn to make perogies

even dad got in on the action when we needed a dough rolling break

be prepared there is a great deal of flour floating around on perogie day, everything was covered




Here sit the perogies once the freezer was full



We made about 600 perogies, about 100 each to take home
for me that will last probably 6 months for others it will last 1, but either way I promise they are the worth an entire day's effort

No comments: