Friday, May 28, 2010

Memories...

What is this you ask AND why is this man wearing it?

Why am I posting twice tonight?
ANSWER: I opened facebook yesterday and this is what I saw. My sister had put on some old photos.

What is with this photo?

ANSWER: This is Opa at Christmas.

We used to draw names for gifts and I was the very lucky person to draw Opa. At Christmas we'd get dressed up for the day and half way through everyone or most of us ended up in PJ's. One year it was discussed that we'd have a PJ year instead.
Well forget that, Opa stated that he did not wear PJ's except those under his bed in case of fire (what a thinker, haa haa). I can assure you we did not want to see him in his "PJ's".

Well I had to fix this ... SO I went hunting for PJ's for the following Christmas. Shopping for them alone was so funny and we laughed all day. How I found these funny Pj's that he could fit into is beyond me. He was quite tall with long arms.

That next Christmas wrapped up all pretty, Opa open them and put them on. If you'll notice there are holes in the bottom of this sac for your feet, but there is no leg so Opa was forced to waddle like a Penguin into the kitchen to display his gift.

This was by far funnier than anything I think I've seen him do and Opa did a lot of very funny things. Such as trying to work a broomstick from behind his back threw his legs and around to his front without ever letting go. Also very funny.
We all were laughing so hard we cried.

When I saw this photo on my sister's Facebook I laughed all over again and decided even if others didn't find this as funny as we did I wanted to share.

It's funny what memories stick with you and I can assure you there are many of Opa. (Or Puppy I am told I called him when I was very small).
My Opa was an incredible man whom I was very fond!

No comments: