We spent much of the day yesterday in the 35 degree heat at the beach. We are also paying for that well thought out decision today. Head to Toe burns that no amount of sunscreen or SPF could prevent. Today, a day of puttering is a result of the burns. Logan suffered the worst last night I am sad to report, his first of this magnitude. I couldn’t sunscreen him enough and we are off to the city of Quepos to get him one of those water shirts for the remainder of this trip.
The beach was amazing too. We got insider information about which Playa to visit and while the warning signs written in Spanish were a bit alarming we had a wonderful day. Warnings were for rip tides we interpreted. The beach was completely empty (also alarming at first). We were the only people there all the way down the coast. The sand was black and the water was so incredibly warm, far warmer than Maui as reported by the Bass family. With waves like nothing I’ve ever seen.
Logan learned to body surf and dig for crabs. Those little crabs run like maniacs and then watching Logan chase them is by far the funniest thing you’ve ever seen, zig zagging on the hot sand. Logan is definitely in his happy place when in the water. I’ve never seen him so happy and loving life as much as when he is “riding” the waves.
No comments:
Post a Comment