Today I have a small story to share with you:
Logan was asked to put away his laundry and I am sure you can imagine how this went
"I don't want to. I hate laundry"
"Well I don't like it either"
"Why do I always have to do it?"
"It's not going anywhere and you will always have to do it. We always wear our clothes and I wash them and then you will always have to put them away. You don't have to like it, but you will always have clothes to put away."
Logan "Well I am going to start a Union then"
(WHAT?!?!!? It was all I could do to hide the shock from my face. Funny how your kids can always shock you.)
"That's fine you go ahead and try that and I'll just lock you out of your room. Good luck paying your dues with your allowance and finding other kids to be in your Union."
Logan: "What"
"That's what I thought. Now go put your clothes away"
I was not mad, just a little proud of this small insight Logan had. Obviously paying attention to his current events.
You know what - he did what asked, but THEN comes down stairs and says...
"I'm going out."
I think he was trying it on for size.
"What did you say?"
"Is it okay if I go outside?"
And all is happy in the Bass household once again.
Man I love him, even when he tests out the water! I love him for trying. Remind me of this next time he tests and I don't find it so amusing.
No comments:
Post a Comment