Thursday, June 23, 2011

Today we have an Educational piece for you

Last night I had some questions about the Whey Protein I use in my smoothie. I use one scoop 5 days a week, except vacation, camping, or when I really slept in, and have been for about 1.5 years and love it. But what is it doing to me and my body?


After all it must be a processed supplement of sorts and processing food is bad as we all know so what is it and what does it do. What is it processed from exactly (well milk I have learned).

All I knew was that it kept me full and made my smoothie taste like fluffy ice cream minus the ice part.

Logan loves it, I love it. OH NO should Logan be having this in his smoothie???? (read the part about kids and pregnant women, you mean I was doing good parenting without even trying – I am AWESOME!)

So a’ googling I went and here is what I found, which is oooober interesting and you must read too.




Please pay very close attention to the part of the article that talks about how the Whey Protein can cause weight gain. I didn’t know this and find it to be very interesting and disappointing at the same time. So if I take Whey and lay on the couch for weeks at a time I will just get fatter???? WHAT?

So the point I am taking from this is that yet again we still have to get mobile and exercise. When will they find an exercise supplement or replacement I ask you – WHEN?


If you google some more you can also find side effects, but I found them to be minimal and relate mostly to allergies of the product itself (okay and I ran out time). There are some issues with liver and kidney function if this is taken at a really high level (what is a high level exactly), but this seemed to be speculation and there was only one article on this that I could find.
)So don’t put whey protein in my wine, well okay, if the Internet says so I guess I will stop doing that.)


Ooooohhhh – Check this one out. I found the egg white part (near the bottom of the page) to be specifically interesting. Especially considering the volume of egg whites consumed in my household.


Look at us now so very smrt!!! Thank you Google.

What is your outing today? Get moving or the Whey is going straight to your buttocks – hurry I can see it settling right now.

The small print
 Don't believe everything you read on the Internet (unless it's on my blog of course).  Use your own judgement and if it's too good to be true it probably is (Example: Whey will burn fat even if you sleep on the couch all day so sleep away my friend -too good to be true -DARN)
No really:  I am not the expert I don't pretend to be and perhaps the side effects are greater than I give them credit right now.  Lastly I am not a doctor, DUH!

No comments: