Monday, January 23, 2012

Team Bass Game #1

Curling night #1 was a blast!  We had a great time learning this game and wondered on many occasions what we got ourselves into.  We had great opponents that taught us a little curling etiquette and apparently we needed it.  We are all socializers and some don't take this lightly.  We could be in trouble.

Here is a Miranda story for you:
We show up for curling eager to see how the evening will play out as I am sure I have picked the perfect family fun night.  Averil is waiting patiently and I take off my winter coat and she gives me the look up and down all disgusted

"is THAT what you are wearing"

and no I am not kidding she was so serious that I was honestly worried about my skinny jeans, boots and hoodie with vest.  I was thinking, "darn should've kept my black boyfriend jacket on I had no idea curling was such a classy sport

"you need your team sweater"
as she throws me the most beautiful white wool sweater the other half of the Bass family picked up in Ecuador and Brooke unzips her sweater matching Averil.

Phew of course a team sweater what WAS I thinking.  The boys have dark grey and the girls have white.  We got many compliments.  While we lost and may be lucky enough to score the boobie prize we will look purty doing it.

OHHHHHH I GET IT!!!
Everyone heads up to the lounge for the curling platter and drinks afterwards.  So that is why it's so popular.  This is a great game.

No comments: