I believe this happens every Spring. That sense of not enough time to get the really long list of things to do done before the very short much anticipated summer hits. This year I have plenty of ambitions, one of them is to discover if I truly have a green thumb. I've tried once before and had moderate success, but this year will be the true test and I haven't a clue if I am doing it right.
If I am right your all in for some salad, mmmmmm. Now don't all get excited at once I am only a beginner.
Exhibit A: Herbs
I got these cute bright pots and have Basil, Rosemary, Chives and Dill to try and keep alive or grow. Basil has failed on me once already, bit what do you do when you fail, you get back up and dust yourself off and try something a little different.
If you are wondering about the baggies, its because I thought it more efficient to just dump the pot upside down and then seal the herbs inside instead of cut them. NO silly, it's a trick my friend shared with me that might help my seeds sprout.
Exhibit B: Seed in Pots
I am taking some advise and planted my greens earlier than I had planned. I hope to show you pictures of my spinach, romaine lettuce, spring mix, and rainbow swiss Chard.
Stay tuned for my formal garden. Presently a work in progress, but anticipate the veggies for the above salad. I hope to have carrots, peas, zucchini, onion and maybe a few potatoes. If that works out look out grass this could be our last year together as I add other things such as raspberries, beets, and maybe peppers. Wonder if peppers grow in Alberta?
Onwards and Upwards - my youngest Nephew turns 1!
Our little Draypie is now 1 and learning all sorts of new fun things. Amongst them eating chocolate cake and ice cream and discovering brain freeze.
1 comment:
Where oh where did you get those cute little pots??
Can't wait to see the finished product!! Yay for home grown salad!!
FYI I got a cute little green house for $10 a princess auto and I have all my seeds in it, they are sprouting really fast!!
Post a Comment